On 01/13/2012 04:51 PM, Pratap Chakravarthy wrote:
> Vow ! Never knew that such queries are possible with GitHub, not that
> I am a git-user but kind of fascinated with its idea anyway. Now,
> wouldn't it be nice for programmers to shed their humility or come off
> their stealth mode and brandise their programming prowess ?

Depends on what you mean by that - emailing those people would, imho, be
a case of Unsolicited Contact. If you were to personalise it about their
work or comment on specific projects - its all good.

But sending an email to everyone on github who identifies themselves as
being in Chennai with a 'I added you to a list' is a bit naughty.

--
Karanbir Singh
ICQ: 2522219    | Yahoo IM: z00dax      | Gtalk: z00dax