On 09-Feb-2012, at 2:14 PM, prasannatsmkumar wrote:

> Of course you can use that plugin but according to GPL if you use it then
> your work becomes a derived work of the GPL'ed code which means you have to
> have your code under GPL. If you are going to add improvements then those
> improvements should be in GPL.
>
> In short: If you are ready to put your code under GPL then go ahead with
> modifying the code else don't do that.

Thanks for taking your time to answer my question. Let me clarify a bit here.
The plugin that I am going to modify will be released under GPL license. There
are two parts an application and the plugin. The application will connect to
these plugins. So we would be developing the application from the scratch and
the plugin would be an improvement from the existing work which we are going to
release in GPL.

So just releasing the plugin in GPL would solve it rite? The application codes
can remain our company property?

Thanks
David