27 பிப்ரவரி, 2012 7:23 am அன்று, விக்னேஷ் நந்த குமார் (Vignesh Nandha
Kumar) <viky.nan...@gmail.com> எழுதியது:

> > > 5. facebook like link
> >
> > bad idea. Avoid social networking sites.
>
> +1
> Facebook tracks each and every activity of the user who visits any page
> with a facebook like button even if the user is not logged in to facebook.
> This is totally against user freedom. I think we shouldn't support that.

That's all right.. Anyone who wants to click the "like" button would have a
facebook account that he/she would be using everyday anyway.. So it is NOT
A BAD IDEA to have a facebook "Like" button.

In fact social networking is not a bad/evil thing IMO. It's a good way to
share stuff (which is what they were intended to be doing in the first
place). We need reach. So I support adding buttons for ANY popular social
networking that comes to mind: FB, G+, Reddit, Digg, etc.

And don't forget the Diaspora* button. :)

And regarding videos:

Promoting the use of free standards/formats is a good thing. In-fact it
MUST be done. But I don't think we should be RESTRICTING videos to ONLY
allow  OGV or free formats. If there is  a good video about some free
software which has been uploaded in a non-free format, embed them as well.
But if the video is being manually uploaded to the site, it would be a good
idea to convert to OGV or WEBM or any similar free-format files before
uploading. We needn't be so fussy about the formats when we are embedding
stuff from Youtube, Vimeo, etc. That would be naive.

--
Yogesh.