On Sat, Feb 9, 2013 at 8:34 PM, Mehul Ved <mehul.n....@gmail.com> wrote:

> Be careful before going with EC2 micro instance. It's not meant to use
> with sustained processing. It's not a good idea to run website on it.
> It's rather meant for running applications that need processing power
> in bursts. Micro instance is not allocated dedicated processing, it
> only gets whatever extra is available. So you get spikes in processing
> only when available, read
>
> http://docs.aws.amazon.com/AWSEC2/latest/UserGuide/concepts_micro_instances.html#available-cpu-resources-during-spikes

yes, technically, micro instances are less reliable than others - but I'd
say use it as a blessing in disguise to build an application that is
independent of the underlying infrastructure. So we might as well learn to
dance on a shaky floor so that we can dance really well on firmer grounds.
;)

Another step in the same direction: Use Spot instances (which are even less
reliable) where you can get a machine for as less as Rs.0.25 per hour. But
the key is in building stateless systems.

Cheers,

  -Suraj

--
Career Gear - Industry Driven Talent Factory
http://careergear.in/