On Thu, Mar 7, 2013 at 7:13 PM, Karthikeyan A K <mindas...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I would like to arrange a competition of certificated ppl against the
> ones I have picked. :-)) .

And, what would that prove ?

Truly almost all IT industry certifications
> are junk. 99.999% of it . Even most people having engineering degree are
> junk. Perhaps we should rename certification program as justification
> program. I myself thought a bunch of programmers in CTS for Java
> certification and I knew it would produce junk. Just watched the
> massacre of technology / love for knowledge right in front of my eyes.

Let me clarify this line of thought you have proposed - "almost all IT
industry certifications are junk". Wherein one can infer that there is
a small slice of certifications which are not "junk". Could you point
those out ? I'm certain that they'd be interesting in context of the
article.

Now, you follow that statement with "most people having engineering
degree are junk". So, how do you validate who are not "junk" ?

> But some corporations have circumvented this junkification
> http://www.thehindubusinessline.com/opinion/columns/rasheeda-bhagat/decoding-zohos-success/article4379158.ece

I am tempted to say "One swallow does not a summer make, nor one fine
day; similarly one day or brief time of happiness does not make a
person entirely happy." But then again, you do have the chance to
posit Zoho as the black swan.

--
sankarshan mukhopadhyay
<https://twitter.com/#!/sankarshan>