On Wed, May 15, 2013 at 10:12 AM, jaya kumar <jayakumargen...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hai to all
>
> Can India produce a Mark Zuckerberg” and the response was marvelous.

where was this discussed , afaik i did not see any on this list ?

> So i
> decided to collect it together and make it into a list  some of the
> questions and problems related to it.
> An average Indian spends about 30 minutes of his time on the internet every
> day.  On that Facebook and Google tops the list. Young men, college and
> school going students dominate the social media in urban India. A survey,
> conducted by Internet and Mobile Association of India (IAMAI) and IMRB,
> said the young men contribute nearly 35% to the overall urban social
> networking base. About 34 % are from the top 8 metros, an equal pie is
> contributed by small towns with a population of up to 5 lakh. Facebook
> virtually dwarfs all other social networking sites in India, with 97% of 5
> crore of active Internet users accessing the site.
>
> Everyone uses Google at least once a day and Google has become a starting
> place for all information’s.
>
> So Why indian enterperneurs not having the   idea of start up sites Like
> Facebook  or etc .,

why should they or what the stats has to do with an Enterprise ?

> It means that everybody have their own idea in their domains .. or their
> fields .

no it means nothing

> But they dont know how to start up the concepts in Web ?

how can you say that ? when you look up the stats of the people who are
programming for the same market highest number are coming from India.

> I request to Ilugc to Create a blog for awareness to enterprenuers to avail
> of these technologies u make wonders like tat for example
>  php,mysql,python,ruby on rails ... then the start ups will come more and
> employability will come more

this is the only valid point i agree to , i work with these startups and
there is a thriving ecosystem of them who are indeed creating Jobs.

> Criticisms are always welcome !  May be this Post is too long ... But its
> the initiative to grow up More  :-)

there are different facets you are trying to mix up , your initial
hypothesis itself is skewed , because entrepreneurship cannot be only
limited to making capital and  success  cannot be only measured in how much
wealth one has acquired , what do you think of
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jonas_Salk as a person was he successful ?

i for one has been the same quest so decided to write some stories to learn
more and inspire
http://satyaakam.net/2013/05/10/who-is-a-foss-contributor-and-how-his-life-should-be-celebrated/
,
would like to hear about any person you know of to be covered may be
introduced to me.

thanks
-Satya