On Thu, May 16, 2013 at 8:08 AM, Ashwin Dixit <ganeshacompu...@gmail.com>wrote:

> I enjoyed this informative article. One factor it briefly mentions is the
> role of education in curbing entrepreneurship in India.
> Education in India IMHO, seems to be optimized for the most common-case:
> take a rural child, and impart skills that make her/him financially
> self-sustaining.
> Basically we mold children to get jobs.
> Education is highly competitive, and has a hierarchical caste system that

Sorry I had to snip off the rest of your informative text.
I enjoyed reading that. Thanks.

I read another interesting article but I forgot where from:
It said the Indian school education system is `perfect`, but for what it
was designed for.
What was it designed for? To create perfect clerks for the British raj.

Time to wake up!

This might be a separate OT discussion - You need passion to become
entrepreneur and where's the passion? I might be generalizing too much, but
where's the passion? Very few people in my extended circle of friends, both
personal and work are passionate about anything. I am talking about true
joys of trying a new programming language, getting results out of a new
API, Listening to your fav singer live, clicking that perfect photograph,
enjoy the overwhelming sight of the milky way from a dark location...
Forget entrepreneurship, most wealthy and educated Indians need to learn
how to live - employed or self employed!

Regards,
Arun Venkataswamy
http://wondroussky.blogspot.in/

"கற்றது கைமண் அளவு, கல்லாதது உலகளவு" - ஔவையார்
Known is a drop, Unknown is an ocean