On Tue, Jul 2, 2013 at 2:28 AM, Ashwin Dixit <ganeshacompu...@gmail.com>wrote:

> On Tue, Jul 2, 2013 at 1:28 AM, Girish Venkatachalam <
> girishvenkatacha...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> As part of my product development efforts I have had to create tabular
>> data in
>>  various formats PDF, XL and HTML.

Guru-ji, as you requested without using words, I have done my homework.
Since you have not yet uttered any enlightened words on PDF generation in
Perl, I deduced in my dimwitted ignorance, that this was an exercise left
up to the reader.

I am submitting this crudely documented source, a tutorial on how to
generate PDF's in Perl.
Now this fellow is not accomplished, and wise like you. He does not
understand that silence is golden. He says crude and foolish things:
http://rick.measham.id.au/pdf-api2/

Kindly turn it into a tutorial for the rest of us, and post it on this list.
I humbly request that you not use "strict" or "warnings" hints to the
compiler, as who could be so arrogant as to doubt that you will always do
the supremely correct thing?
Also, please don't use "my". This is a means of declaring that a variable
is lexically scope, and it is only for mortal fools, and total n00bz.
It would really help the readers, if you could distort the white-spaces. It
will force the reader to learn about perltidy. That'll be great!
And, never, ever use meaningful variable names. It keeps the reader on
their toes. How will they ever learn, unless they have a VM running in
their head, keeping track of each $a and @b ? Moreover, in your previous
article, on how you generate XL spreadsheets, you completely omitted
mentioning your data sources. This is a ninja-level tactical move, which I
will never fully understand. The variables seemingly appear out of nowhere,
and vanish into nowhere. No "warning", no "my" declarations. Just deadly
efficiency. Master, you truly are one with the machine!

Please forgive my ignorance, as I am not worthy of interacting with a being
so supremely attained, and skilled, beyond my comprehension.
Also, please forgive Rick Measham. He is not a worthy example, to anyone.
I look forward to reading all about how to generate PDF's using Perl.

Cheers,

- Ashwin.