On Mon, Jul 15, 2013 at 10:41 AM, S Suresh <sureshkumar...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I  am in need to install multiple linux distros to my laptop. Currently i
> am using Ubuntu. It is good for Desktop users. But some of the libraries
> (latest version) required for SW development are missing in the ubuntu
> repository .

As far as I know, Ubuntu is good for desktop and development. Yes, you have
to install some libraries manually.

> So i am thinking installing fedora . But i dont want to loose my Ubuntu
> also.
>
> Unfortunately, i have only one partition in my harddrive. completely used
> by ubuntu.

Simillar question as I asked few days back. It's always to take backup. :)

> Can i reduce the partition size ?

Yes, you can, use Gparted. But read the documentation.

> When i google-d, there are some articles shows , we can install multiple
> linux distros and each distro require one (root) partition. and swap
> partition can be shared .

Last time, I tried to install Debian(squeeze) along with Ubuntu but failed
to install then I dropped the idea. But it's still in my to-do list.

> --
*Regards,
Sahil ModGill*