On Fri, Jul 26, 2013 at 6:39 PM, Prasanna Venkadesh <prasmai...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Question: How can I persist or keep my files in Live USB even after a
> Shutdown or Reboot for next time to use it?

The general idea to keep it readonly is to preserve the life of the USB
sticks. USB sticks have a limited number of write cycles after which they
might fail. If you still want to persist files, partition the USB stick
using fdisk/cfdisk. Keep the second partition for persisting data. Install
the live linux distribution in the first partition. After booting into the
live linux version, format the second partition as ext(x) (or FAT32 if you
want to exchange files with a windows box). Later you can manually mount
the partition. You can create a symbolic link from the home directory to
the mounted partition.

Regards,
Arun Venkataswamy
http://wondroussky.blogspot.in/

"கற்றது கைமண் அளவு, கல்லாதது உலகளவு" - ஔவையார்
Known is a drop, Unknown is an ocean