On Mon, Sep 16, 2013 at 5:07 PM, Shrinivasan T <tshriniva...@gmail.com>wrote:

> I dont mean that people dont like your posts.
>
> They just wanted the posts to come without the string "on bahalf of
> ilugc" as none of the ilugc members know how you contact the colleges
> and organize the events.

who are they? This is a open group any one can join. Lets be transparent.

> You can directly say as "on bahalf of linuxpert.in" too. No harm in this.

There is nothing harm in saying "on behalf of ILUG-C". Baskar Selvaraj is a
long time member. He does his contributions and promotions to FOSS in his
own way. He can be benefited financially. but thats okay.

> Please keep sending these mails as they show the activities happening
> in tamilnadu colleges.

This is a contradicting statement. I guess every time he does any
activities, he should have mentioned ILUG-C and LinuXpert systems. so he is
promoting ILUG-C in the colleges. isn't it good?

> Thanks.

so if i am owner of a company and i am also member, and i wanted to conduct
a event. shouldnt i say "on behalf of ILUG-C"?  If it is not, then are we
proprietory? is ILUGC copyrighted?

it is like saying "Indians" are wining in cricket matches. so should we say
we are not wining. it is bcci cricket members are wining?

my suggestion to Baskar sir, you can and should and have all the freedom to
say "on behalf of ILUG-C".

If some members dont want to hear, shouldnt it be decided by the community?
may be take a vote. lets not define rules and regulations just to do define
it.

- balachandar muruganantham
எனது தமிழ் பக்கங்கள் - http://www.balachandar.net/pakkangal
தமிழ் புத்தக விற்பனை இணையம் - http://www.chennaishopping.com/ - 300ரூ மேல்