> I really miss KG and feel like thinking on how he would react to the
> "yet another distro" talk !
>
> Anyways I personally think lets have another kid on the block who
> might actually involve community instead of going on their own basing
> on some main distro like our famous public funded distribution has
> done.
>
> The entire spirit of Free software was to encourage as many outcomes
> as possible. Community always went on  "If I dont like it I will fork
> it " and if it got some traction it also served as a good example. We
> have LibreOffice.
>
> Coming to the main point of having a distro , though I welcomed you I
> am only afraid about the efforts you are going to put up. please do
> read up on many distro stories and how they couldn't survive .
> Changelogs of different releases and their base system. Also the
> relation between upstream distributions brings hell lot of stories to
> learn.
>

> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Ubuntu/ForDebianDevelopers?action=show&redirect=UbuntuForDebianDevelopers
> could help as an example.
> Also have a look at Dedbian Pureblend
> https://wiki.debian.org/DebianPureBlends
>
> Try to achieve close to pure blend you can be assured of the quality
> and huge support from Debian.
>
> Regards,
> Pavithran

I do not understand why the public funded BOSS distribution, or Linux
distro used in Kerala IT mission cannot be scaled and contributed by the
Indian FOSS community ?

Guess, people like to develop for greater good (read Debian, Ubuntu and so
on).

I also happen to know a very active FOSS user who uses heavily localised
Debian (in Malayalam) , you can catch him in FSUG Calicut mailing list.

Back to the point of  discussion. What is the point of Hamara Linux ?
I fail to see the perceived mission, objective of the above mentioned in
its site.

'*Work without vision* is drudgery. Vision without work is dreaming'

--
Thanks and Regards, | शुभं

Ajeya Anand | अजेय आनन्द

[image: http://ajeya.wordpress.com/] <http://ajeya.wordpress.com/>