On Oct 2, 2014 10:17 PM, "Ravi Kumar Tenneti" <rktenn...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Some of the members who are in Hard ware business (we are also into the
> same but don't know the sources) should   find out who are selling in
India
> the Atom boards with 4+ network cards. Some thing like below::;
(reasonable
> pricing)
>
> http://www.hacom.net/catalog/mercury-uno-n270-firewall-appliance
>
> We have raised this sometime back in ILUGC - hoping that somebody will
> inform all the people about this as this is a space which is still void in
> India. The key thing is reasonable pricing - many can import from other
> countries but will work out to be costly.

These boards run at low volumes and thus are higher priced even abroad than
say routers or PCs. OpenWRT, Tomato and similar firmware is favoured as
they run on common routers like Linksys, Buffalo etc. pFSense does not. It
may be worthwhile to have a project to make it run on such hardware than to
pursue purchase at reasonable price of low volume hardware.
Regards
Mohan Sundaram
Mobile mail, please pardon autocomplete /autoreplace typos