There is also very old Company Build the OS

  *OpenLX Linux wins NRCFOSS award:*

The awards were sponsored by NRCFOSS (National Resource Center for
Free/Open Source Software). Congratulating the winners, M.R. Rajagopalan,
director NRCFOSS, said, "Through such incentives, NRCFOSS expects to
stimulate young minds, encourage innovative contributions to the FOSS
ecosystem and address the digital divide."