On Tue, Oct 21, 2014 at 1:35 AM, YOGESHWAR DAN CHARAN <
charanyogesh...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi there ,
> I recently got to know about Indian version of GNU/Linux BOSS developed
> under Indian government . I have few questions in this regard :
> 1. Where does BOSS stands as with other leading linux distros like Ubuntu ,
> Fedora etc ?

Other than in few people dreams its dead. This is another good example of
how my tax money got wasted.

> 2. How BOSS will benefit India and it's people , by having it's own
> operating system?
> I mean , will BOSS provide any specific advantage in any form which were
> not there already from existing distros.

No way I think it will provide advantage. Many distros like Ubuntu have
enough localization, like தமிழ் தட்டச்சு

> 3. What all are the areas where BOSS is being used successfully already?

It had a website which I went through to kill my time for an hour. So it
had some use in indirect way