Hi folks

recently I've upgraded my comp to-----------
AMD Athlon 2000+
MotherBoard- ASUS (A7N266-BM SC/WL-UAYZ)
256 MB DDR RAM
AGP- Nvidia GeForce Mx2
Sound- Nvidia Force Audio Codec

I stll use my old Monitor SAMTEL on which I'd used Red Hat 7.2

After upgradation whn I was tryin to install ----

(1)Red Hat 8.0 in Graphical mode it says unable to probe monitor and goes for a blank
screen.

(2)Aftr installin RedHat 7.2 successfully at the time of startup it hangs at
       starting APD Dameon

(3)I trid installng RedHat 8.0 in text mode, installation was successful, but after
the GRUB screen following error msg coms up-----
________________
Booting 'Red Hat Linux (2.4.8-14)'
root(hd0,6)
FileSusyem type is ext2fs,partition type 0x83
Kernel /vmlinuz-2.4.18-14 ro root=LABEL=/
[Linux-bzImage,setup=)x1400,size=)x10ea0d]

Error 28:Selected item cannot fit into memory

Press any key to continue.
_________________

aftr pressn key it gos bak 2 GRUB screen.
Horribly I'd set partition type as ext3 ...why does it says FileSystem type is ext2fs.

what does it mean by selected item cannot fit into memory?????
Pl. dont tell me that I m havn prob with Swap partition coz I ve 256 MB RAM and my
swap partion I d set as 512 MB. so I dont thnk its coz of SWAP partition.

I want 2 install Red Hat 8.0 with Graphics and sound fully functioning... n tht would
be a dream com true aftr so many hassls I d been facing since last one week...trying
out all alternatives.

Any help would be appreciated.

regards
Arshad H. Siddiqui