sockets are  also not a bad idea for IPC, i think freeamp , uses
the same method

Gaurav Jit Singh wrote:

> --- Sunil S <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Hi every1,
> >    If possible could any1 tell me how to
> > 1>  .. find if there is an instance
> > of the application developed in C already running
> > i.e check the
> > that application(written in C)
> > 2 > ....find other users in Linux who are using the
> > same application within
> > the application. There may an application that is
> > been run by different
> > users. Each time the other user is executing the
> > application he should
> > get to know that there are x number off other users
> > using it. I need the
> > API('s) which can be included in the C program and
> > not the ps with grep.
> >
> > Thanking you in advance,
> > Sunil S
>
> Somebody suggested using semaphores, which is a good
> idea which uses shared memory. Also you can do writes
> to a common file with appropriate locking mechanisms
> may be less hairy than semaphores :).
> -Gaurav

Regards
Jaswinder Singh Kohli
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
The Uni(multi)verse is a figment of its own imagination.
-=-
When you are courting a nice girl, an hour seems like a second.
When you sit on a red-hot cinde, a second seems like an hour.
That's relativity.
  Albert Einstein (1879-1955), German-American