Hi every1,
   If possible could any1 tell me how to
1>  .. find if there is an instance
of the application developed in C already running i.e check the
2 > ....find other users in Linux who are using the same application within
the application. There may an application that is been run by different
users. Each time the other user is executing the application he should
get to know that there are x number off other users using it. I need the
API('s) which can be included in the C program and not the ps with grep.

Thanking you in advance,
Sunil S