good idea but pls in future try to use proper grammer nad organization so that it
scould be better readable.

neer,
IMT-2000,
CDOT Delhi

"The Linux-Delhi mailing list" wrote:

hi all,
i am sending this here coz i cud not find a place to
post it on ilug-d site & i REALLY wanted to share this
with u all. read on & feast ur mind on this...

“You look everything but you see only what you want to
SEE.”

Never really believed in this until I joined an
organization a few days ago (39 days to be exact).
This organization deals with research and
implementation of free / open source software. The
concept has been there for quite a few years now but
never gave it a thought. A friend has been an active
member of ILUG-D, Prateek Khanna, a few of u may know
him ;o). He tried to explain the whole concept
n-number of times but a dud brain like mine couldn’t
grasp the idea. And yes, an idea can change your life.
It did, once I tried to look in to the matters myself,
seriously. I am working with one such firm that is in
to promoting the idea (and at times, !dea ). Coming
back to the quotation I started with, You see what you
want to see… suddenly I see that there are so many
magazines, journals, white papers all over the
internet and in print media that serve the purpose of
software freedom. The latest issues of PC Quest, Linux
for you… you name any software magazine and its filled
with articles that talk pro freedom of software. Guys
like you are also doing a great job. My work is
basically to “enlighten” people (yes, there are people
in the real world who have no idea that there are
softwares besides the ones provided by Microsoft). To
distribute knowledge you need to have some yourself.
So I log on to google.com and search “free software”
and get 2,480,000 in 0.11 seconds (this is just the
list of articles and write ups), and a search result
of 20,600 in 0.27 seconds for “Linux user groups”.
PHEW! I was zapped. Free software is there for FREE. A
normal human brain would call it free of cost. But a
genius one like mine (contradicting my own statement
of it being a dud) knows that it’s the idea that’s
free. The concept of freedom of speech, freedom of
thought, freedom to decide is same as this one. No
strings attached. The best part is that we are not
working against or with any one in particular. The
general conception is, “Ok so you are into promoting
Linux and you are condemning Microsoft?” No way, the
theme here is to provide the user with the “freedom”,
to let the programmer, the hacker inside you, free.
So, let the white pigeon fly, cut the red ribbon,
unveil the stone and enter a new era where all are
benefited from the geek minds. As I would like to put
it; Use – reuse, recycle!!!

warm regards
pd

PS:- luv is the essence of everything beautiful.