If it is actually a SCSI device it should show up in dmesg. Just look
at the SCSI device probe section just after it finds the SCSI card.

You usually dont have to do anything to access SCSI devices. The first
SCSI tape drive would probably be /dev/st0 Therefore "tar cpf /dev/st0
." should work.

Mithun