dear all,

I downloaded the rpm pkg of real player and installed it in my Mandrake linux box. It
is installed without any problem. After installation, for the first time, making some
changes in 'Preference' option of it, I am able to get the sound of its sample sound
file. But when I close the real player and try to run it again it gives some msg. like
....."Audio Device problem. This program is shared by another application" thereby not
enabling me to run it. Again I check the preference option and everything is as it is
when I first made the changes at the time of installation. I also kill the artsd
option by using the ps -auxwww which ensures me by checking the sound of other
applications like xine, Media Player and some games that uses sound and all the
running fine with excellent sound output.

Have u anyone used real player and came across the problem exactly like me.  Pl. guide
and oblige.

best regards,

malkiat

MALKIAT