If the file deleted is not a user data file and is an application
related file, the same can be found out by verifying the rpm package.

If you give the following command

[nb config]# rpm --verify bind
S.5..... c /etc/rndc.key
missing  d /usr/share/doc/bind-9.2.1/rfc/rfc3110.txt.gz

_ the above command shows, that the file
/usr/share/doc/bind-9.2.1/rfc/rfc3110.txt.gz is missing.

If you need to know all the files missing in your system
[nb config]#  for i in `rpm -qa` ; do echo $i; rpm --verify $i; done
The above will list all the files that are missing, modified or changed
on your system, since they were installed on you system.

The above command will not work for the applications installed by
compiling directly on the system. (non-rpm based installations)

regards,
alok sinha