> To: [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED],
>    [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED],
>    [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED],
>    [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED],
>    [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED],
>    [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED],
>    [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED],
>    [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Holy cow!!
either you are desperate enough to eat a live toad first thing in the
morning to get this thing going, or probably unthoughtful enough to
bombard "all" known lists for a question like this. we arent nanny's
here, "ask" and you may get a reply, but dont "announce" like this, it
quite irks a lot of regular flamers!!

> I am a student of final year computer engg. .
> I am doing my project in linux o.s. .I am giving you
> details about the project .Please , let me know how
> can I begin my project . What are the things that I
> should study.
the things you talk about below, are relatively quite BIG. if you're
talking about "MAKING" all of it, i think you need to narrow things
down. If you're talking about installation, and integration (dont know
how you'd pass that as a PROJECT) then i could help with a few names...

> Our job is to make a server in linux which will
> have control over all these machines.
"control" is a vague word.
try vnc.. its a freely available remote access software(free).

> Server should have firewall in it , so as to restrict some of the
> websites.
iptables, very crude (read CLI), but very flexible..

> It should also have the information about
> every user that have been logged on to the machine in
> cyber lab.
try standard combo of apache with a logging software (should work?!)
(although i don't know any, any one can help on this one???)

> Administrator should be able to monitor every action
> of the user of any machine of the lab.He should be
> able to produce screen of any user on his terminal &
> thus be able to see what that particular user is
> doing.
EXACTLY this is what VNC does...
try it!!

> If the administrator has seen that some user has
> opened some website which is not in the list of
> restricted website of firewall but still its
> objectionable , he should be able to add it
> immediately to the list.

Software: dansguardian
and a VERY VERY strong note, that this was mentioned only a few days
earlier by "raj"... try reading the list before you post a message like
this...

> Also he should be able to give
> a warning message to the user of that terminal & if he
> don't stops he should be able to turn off his terminal
(turn off!! ok thats a dangerous one, i hope you dont install it. its a
bit too powerful a power. i'd rather suggest "stopping access to the
net" kind of power...)

does samba support winpopup!!???
anyone help ??

(anyways, you could go in for a VERY crude form of using batch files for
startup whenever anyone logs into a samba server. this batch file could
openup a message window giving the message that the admin wants to
display.. .. but yes this is a very bad way to get this done..!)

> .Administrator should be able to do all this just by
> sitting on the server machine.
i mean, he is NOT god!! what "all" do you want him to do???
(i have mentioned a few softwares for what you asked... but what more?)
please elaborate, or take this worldly project to a shredder and prune
it down to something more practical in the time span you have...

> Please , let me know suggestions from you.
i suggest we have another filter at ilugd-delhi.org which bombs people
sending emails to more than 10-15 people in the to+cc+bcc(if known)
list...

> Thanking You!!
oh! you too!!

p.s.:

"i dont have a problem with you asking,
its just the question that irks me the most!!"
                ... by Robins

:D

affly
robins