ok ICMP and shit aside these guys are horrible at network design and
implementation too. I have spent the last 2 hours trying to figure out
their pathetic network configuration. these guys are sharing network with
three MCO as in local providers so thus its three sub-domain and they have
fucked up the net-mask pretty damn well.

So i call up help-desk "a very expensive and futile phone call" after 10
minutes of explaining the guy what the fuck is wrong he tells me "sir,
please double click on Internet explorer" ok i forgive his dumbness and
tell him that i dont have that application and i cant even authenticate
using their client he says please wait and after 5 minutes of music
he says "sir, now double click on Internet explorer and see"

I dont know what this guy did and claimed to do. but i clicked my phone
off and decided to go on a further blindfold drive .

I cant ping any of the servers as they are happily blocking all ICMP
and thus cant figure out what the hell is going on. so i do a TCP-dump
and try to ping and scan each and every machine on my network and
then i write a script to connect to all of the ips that are left and
have to figure out what the net-mask is to reach that box. I do that by
switching between 3 different networks just blindly.

Thanks to all my time i devoted to scanning the network for shared c:\
drives earlier this month :). I got one server to accept my user-name
and password so  i setted my net-mask accordingly and set up that server
as my gateway. BTW the network this server is on is not supposed to
accessible to me at all because My IP belongs to a different sub-domain.
So these guys have defiantly fucked up somewhere or my understanding of
how network works is absolute rubbish.

observation : their user database seems to be central as a
server of some other domain accepts my user-name and password and
authenticate me.

I should be given a blindfold network configurator of the month award or
something or these guys should be shot.