found a peculiar problem in redhat 8, where i decided to move towards
evolution.

i set up the pop mailbox as follows:
host: mail.bhairon.com
login: linuxlingam

the subsequent prompt dialog box asking me for my password, displays me
login as [EMAIL PROTECTED] when it should show me
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

anyway, i type my password, and the thing generates an incorrect name
and/or password error.

so i think it must be an evolution bug. check the version, the standard one
that comes with rh8.

go to the evolution website, and do a 70mb painful download, to the latest
and greatest evolution 1.4.4, and still the same error.

meanwhile, it does work thru other mail client software, on the same pc,
like kmail.

any ideas, solutions?

LL