> Please let me know about a good anti virus for linux that is freely
> available for download. I will be thankful to you.

Malkiat: check ClamAV.

I've been on this list just a few months, and this question has already
come up at least four times. Can we create a FAQ for ILUGD? And once we
create it, can we members, as a matter of policy, point others to the
FAQ if there's any query which is answered by it?

A secondary advantage of this FAQ will be that it can also carry
pointers, help, etc, which are not available in the standard
documentation. I'll post another message in a bit, where I'll give you
some idea of the problems we've faced with ClamAV and actual C code
changes we've had to do. This knowledge currently stays within Starcom,
and it would be useful if ILUGD or other lists could acquire this
information in their resource archives. Also, not all Linux users are
competent to study and change C code, so this will be value addition to
the less technical members of this list who are sysadms.

Just my 10 paise.

Shuvam