Dear friends,
Our friend, Mr. Shuvam Misra's suggestion reg. FAQ may
be seriously looked into. Linux is such an ocean that
most of us are not very familiar with so many packages
and utilities, except the ones that are most common.
We somehow manage to install new things after quite a
bit of struggle. More over in our filed yesterdays
things are  obsolete  today and tomorrow they are
history. So concentrating on so many things is not
possible for anybody. This happens in every field
because of focus areas always take much of our time.
Hence it is better to have some FAQ's on difft.
categories of packages or utilities, so that one need
not reinvent the wheel. ( for ex. Mr. Shuvam says that
they have done some changes to C code to implement the
package).
kindly give some serious thought.
-- seshagiri