Folks,

I have recieved half-a-dozen requests for more information and
availability on the VIA EPIA "mini-ITX" mainboards.  These boards have
very small form factors, and are targetted at the embedded and
hobbyist markets.  eSys is the distributor for these in India.  These
boards have everything embedded (including the CPU), and Linux support
exists from the manufacturor for all components (yes, this includes
stuff like X and Audio).

Despite some interest in India, we have not made it commercially
available because Marketing was not sure of the demand.  The boards
are expensive.  I have today, prompted by Supreet, talked to Delhi
again, and they are willing to bring in the smallest (~200) shipment
that makes sense.  The indicative price will be about Rs5700 + taxes
for the EPIA V8000 board.  This has a 800MHz CPU on-board.

http://www.viavpsd.com/product/epia_v_spec.jsp?motherboardId=141

This is not a general-purpose board.  It is great if you want to to
build a router or PVR, and want something real quiet, this is good.
The form-factor is "mini-ITX", about 17cm x 17cm.

I am cc:ing Nishchal Arora, our Product Manager for VIA in India.
Please communicate with him directly if you want one.  Please do cc:
me if you need technical support, I can liase with VIA.

And now, back to your regular programming.

Oh, btw, don't you think python is better than perl?
--
Sanjeev Gupta