Ambar Roy wrote:

Same here. Hotwire will add a forwarding entry into their firewalls for clients who have a 24 hour connection, if you ask them nicely.

In my case, the forwarding entry seems to get reset once or twice every
month, and then I hav to shout at them.

In my case it got reset within two days and I stopped asking again. I right now have automated the client, so when they bring down their auth server, my client keeps hammering them with connection requests. Serves them right!

Hotwire has good bw, but really really bad uptime here :( I guess it is time i asked them about their 99% uptime gurantee. With my link, it is more like 75% nowadays :(

Well mine improved I think from about 33% in august to about 80% in september. This month they have again deteriorated.

What can you expect from an ISP who provides 24 hour always-on connectivity *without* any kind of proper monitoring setup whatsoever. They dont even have a clue when their distributor goes offline because of a link problem. They rely on their customers to tell them that there is a problem and then they deal with it.

With my distributor, they even have an argument over whether the link is down or not. Seems their "call center" (which they call "extreme" 24x7 support in a puja pamphlet i found today) have no clue of their network status at any time, and all they do is to manage subscribers and their server settings.

- Sandip

-- Sandip Bhattacharya http://www.sandipb.net sandip at puroga.com Puroga Technologies Pvt. Ltd. http://www.puroga.com