> Don't know whether to laugh or cry when reading this!  SunComm, who
> make a copy protection mechanism for audio CDs, is suing a student who
> has revealed how to bypass the copy protection mechanism: by the
> complex process of holding down the Shift key when inserting the CD
> into the drive!  The student is facing a $10M lawsuit and possible
> prosecution under the DMCA.
>
> This whole story is so bizarre and the statements from SunComm so
> fantastic that I took it for a farce when I first read it.  However,
> it happens to be true.  Read it yourself at:

I don't know what to make out of this, but if this case does go thru, then
the only conclusion that I can come up with is that the Judge in question is
a total idiot.

If I had been an investor in this company, then I am sure I would have sued
them for making such a stupid technology and then wasting time to defend it.

Of course all this can be an attempt to show how stupid some parts of the
DMCA are in reality!

Ambar Roy