Hi,

What I understand is that you are not able to deliver mails to domain
internal.mydomain.com configured locally. If this is a local domain,
that is mailbox for this domain is on same server then you do not need
DNS. Check following control files

1       rcpthosts file should have entry for this domain so that your qmail
can receive mails for this domain

2.      Either locals or virtualdomains file should have entry for this
domain so that qmail can deliver mails locally for this domain.

3.      confirm qmail and qmail-smtpd service is working fine.

4.      For sending mails directly to internet domain use any DNS to resolve
domain name to Mx record.

Regards
Manish Gulati