> I'd take the assertions about a single virus running on Winduhs, Linux
> and Unix (what's that, anyway?) with large handfuls of salt.  The
> author needs either substantiate his/her claim with references or,
> more likely, go off the crack for a while.
>
> Regards,
>
> - -- Raju
> - --

i wonder what the author meant. i doubt he/she meant a single virus, but
an exploit that may exist in both systems.

does linux have an 'equivalent' service such as that infamous windows
meessaging service? this is not be confused with the msn messenger
service, from what i've heard of reports. apparantly, m$ in their great
wisdom created a messaging service so people could 'page' other people
on the net, or let 'applications' send messages back and forth from a
server or other nodes. these messages tend to splash themselves right on
top of all your existing work on a desktop screen in a dialog box,
according to grc.com.

the service is on by default, keeps its own port running.

anyone, over the net, could gain control over a machine using some known
exploits.

what's similar to this service in linux, if at all?

LL