On Mon, 2003-11-24 at 22:20, Manish Jha wrote:

> After lot of problems i install Red Hat Linux 9 on my friends IBM Pc using
> Magic Quest partition magic software. it worked well but  the PC is not
> recognising usb mouse.  Just tell me what I should do  and is there any way
> I can use terminal without using mouse any shortcut keys are there?
Sure you can run the computer using just keys. I do that a lot but mouse
is handy device.
Are you booting into level 5 (X display) or level 3 (text)?  I assume
former as for later you need only keys to log in.
Try and see various combinations with "alt" or "Ctl" and F* keys. Any
specific combo you want...write in.
BUT why mouse did not work? I reckon this has nothing to do with
partitioning. May be you have not specified proper mouse device. Look at
/etc/X11/XF86Config file under section mice...what device is specified?
--
Sudev Barar

Learning Linux