hi,

> Can any one tell me about the KM through Linux . If there are some
software
> (free) which can be used for the same . I am looking for software
where we
> can keep some resources and authorised users  can only read them
(No
> download) .

for all i know you can do KM using a blackboard and chalk too. let's
face it KM is a concept and not some plug-in that you just put into
the system to get it going. this week's Express Computers (the one
that discusses about Infy's wealth) has a nicely rounded article on
KM. but this is not a KM list and so we are not going into much
details (perhaps www.brint.com is what you are looking for)

you desire to create an user account based authentication system for
access to resources from a repository of the same ? well you could
for a start look at some CMS to get your thing going - there are
quite a few in the market [drupal, phpNuke, PostNuke etc], you could
do the same using Perl or if you are adventerous then try using
Knowledge Management Systems include all words in search for
sourceforge and freshmeat. am running a google and this throws up
hell of a lot of results

cheers
sankarshan

Let's extend the footprint !!