Hi..
[snip]

> ironically, in most cases you could actually find a
> superior technology
> to one offered as mukt and muft under gnulinux.

True. So would companies really go head first into the
pool that is Opensource?

> so i've discovered, precedents, case-studies, peer
> pressure, competitor
> adoption, and best-practises in verticals work far
> more effectively.

Hasnt the trend recently been to incorporate a mixture
of OSS and Closed Source/Propreitary software? Most
corporates and organizations initially looked on OSS
as an answer to their prayers, what with cost savings
and  blah blah..

[correct me if i'm wrong, but reading any industry
related news seems to bring about this conclusion..]

look at the stage of development at which most of the
OSS programs are.. they'd be great for individuals and
computer enthusiasts but would an organization be
willing to bet a couple of million dollars on
something like that?

-
vik

=====
viksit gaur                   http://viksit.tripod.com

Linux. The choice of a GNU generation.
New eh?
I tried sniffing coke once, but the ice cubes seemed to get in the way...