Hello,

Don't know about mutt or pine but made a shell script for mail.

- ----START----
#!/bin/bash
echo Please enter the name of the attachment
read filename
echo Please enter the name of the file containing your message
read message
echo Please enter the email address of the reciever
read mailto
echo Please enter the subject
read subject
uuencode $filename "$filename".uue > "$filename".uue
cat $message $filename\.uue | mail $mailto -s "$subject"

Your message has to be in a file.

The attachment has to be decoded manually (by uudecode) AFAIK.

Regards,
Arjun