    Subs> there are plans to convert Yahoo! Messenger IM Client for
    Subs> linux from gtk 1.x to a complete KDE App based on qt.

    Subs> more info on the following link
    Subs> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ymessenger/message/2230

Hmm, so they'll have to either (a) make it GPL or (b) or pay TrollTech
(the authors of Qt) huge amounts of money for licensing Qt for a
non-GPL app.

Probably (a), since Madhu (the author of the message cited) is quite
hot on free software AFAIR.

    Subs> sad news for me, who runs a kde-free desktop :-( hope gaim
    Subs> manages to sort out the Yahoo! related problems and releases
    Subs> v0.76 soon. i made an effort to give gaim cvs a try but was
    Subs> not able to download it completely.

My standard response to these kind of problem definitions is ``It
works better if you plug it into the electricity socket on the wall
first''.  Really, why couldn't you download it completely?  Surely you
tried some command, and got some response (error or otherwise) back.
If you give a summary of those the list may be able to help you
better.

Regards,

-- Raju: running Gaim from CVS and finally being able to transfer
   files over Yahoo.
--
Raj Mathur                [EMAIL PROTECTED]      http://kandalaya.org/
                      It is the mind that moves