I want to install nmap. Got appropirate RPM files and resolved package dependencies.
But it still has following dependencies:

libcrypto.so.2 and libssl.so.2

I am using Fedora Core 1 and have libcrypto.so.4 and in /lib directory. These 2 files
required by nmap, are available in another RH7.2 system. Can I simply copy these 2
files from the old system to the matching directory in the new system??

I come across such requirements many a times. How do I move ahead with package
installations in such cases?? Will rpm -ivh --nodeps option work, when a higher
version library is available?? Or if rebuild a package.src.rpm solve the problem of
requiring a lower version library?

Anand Shankar