[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

I come across such requirements many a times. How do I move ahead
with package installations in such cases?? Will rpm -ivh --nodeps option
work, when a higher version library is available?? Or if rebuild a
package.src.rpm solve the problem of requiring a lower version library?

I have tried building from SRPMs and this usually solves the problem. Alternatively, you can try to get a precompiled binary for your system from the nmap site. Or you can search rpmseek.net/freshrpms etc. to get a rpm for fedora.

--
                        \°°/
                        (oo)