On Fri, 2004-03-19 at 22:08, Raj Shekhar wrote:
[snip]

> And neither should the Micro$oft $hared $ource License be confused with
>   GPL. As of November 2002, Microsoft's Shared Source program
> (http://www.microsoft.com/resources/sharedsource/default.mspx) offering
> is actually a collection of eight different programs with different
> restrictions.
>
> All versions of `shared source' deny you the right to redistribute the
> code or share it with third parties.
[snip]
> M$ marketing has been touting Shared Source as its answer to Free
> Software. Just letting the list members know about the dangers with this
> type licensing plan.

on the contrary, my dear friend, enjoy! the dance of the seven veils has
begun. this is the first veil coming off: a few of us can get teasing
glimpses, but not of everything initially, and we cannot touch yet.

that's a start. wait till the seventh veil comes off.

over the next few years, watch how M$ dances the dance of the seven
veils. they will get there. in the words of agent smith from the matrix:
"it has that certain sound of inevitability."

roasted and salted peanuts, anyone?

:-)
LL