From: Bhaskar Dutta <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [ilugd] redhat 9.0 disk 4,5,6
Date: Sat, 3 Apr 2004 23:31:31 +0530

>>> On Saturday 03 April 2004 22:23, ps <pg smh> said:
ps>
ps> hi there, can anyone pls help me out with redhat 9.0 installation
disks ps> 4,5,6
ps> i have the disks but donno how to install them on my pc already
running on ps> redhat 9.0???
ps> there is an option at the time of installation of redhat that allows
to ps> install additional cds, but when i tried that , the screen went
blank?? ps> any suggestions???any idea how to do it??

These 3 iso's are shrike's SRPMs discs. They contain the source rpms of all
the packages included in the distro. Unless you want to compile the packages
from source, you wont need them. Anyways, those sources are outdated now. You
better get fresh source packages or available patches.
Remember that installing the source rpms take up a lot of space.
browsing the CD contents will show you lots of *.src.rpm packages. installing
those rpms with `rpm -Uvh` is enough. They should get installed somewhere
under /usr/src/ (check for a folder named SRPMS).

- --
thanks for the info bhaskar, as it is said little knowledge is a dangerous thing, i wasted my time in getting the cds ready and now what i know that it was all waste , i had in mind that these cds will have some extra stuff for linux
anyways, thanks

Easiest Money Transfer to India. Send Money To 6000 Indian Towns. http://go.msnserver.com/IN/42198.asp Easiest Way To Send Money Home!