Sandip Bhattacharya wrote:
Srinivasa Rao wrote:

let me make it clear
my server downloads mails through fetchmail for
abc.net
and my postfix configured as abc.net as local domain
now there are several users who are in otherlocations
who are accessing mails directly from my isp's
mailhost.now my local user whenever sends an email to
the non local user in the domain abc.net my postfix
rejects the messages saying user not exists which is
obvously true but the mail needs to be delivered via
dns to my isp's mailhost.

Use a different domain for your internal use (like abc.off), configure fetchmail to rewrite the envelope recipient before sending mail to the local postfix server (fetchmail global parameters smtpaddress, AFAIK). Configure postfix to make this domain as the local domain.

Downside is that mails sent to even local users using the original domain will be sent out to the Internet and downloaded again.

This is absoultely the wrong the way. Look at:

http://www.postfix.org/rewrite.html#luser_relay

Varun Varma