On Tue, 2004-04-20 at 13:44, Linux wrote:
> Thanks for reply. I have gone through the pointer section of XF86Config
> file. I am surprised to see the two pointer section described below...
>

> Section "InputDevice"
>
>    Identifier "Mouse0"
>
>    Driver "mouse"
>
>    Option "Protocol" "MouseSystem"
>
>    Option "Device" "/dev/ttys0"
>
>    Option "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
>
>    Option "Emulate3 Buttons" "yes"
>
> End Section

This seems to be your problem. Which mouse you are using? Protocol "MouseSystem" ??
Try changing this to "Microsoft" which will work in most of cases but depends on your
mouse. Make sure that you are connected to ttyS0.
Leave the second section as it is for now. ALso try to cut paste the
section listing rather than trying to copy as I can see some typos...I
hope they are typos!! ttys0 should be ttyS0
HTH
--
Sudev Barar
Learning Linux