From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Behalf Of Mayank Jain
Sent: Friday, May 14, 2004 6:09 PM
To: ilugd-list
Subject: [ilugd] Kernel Programming

Hi ppl,
I want to start seriously with Linux internals. I'm thinking of a
project based on thin clients as my final yr project, which would
surely require these kinda skills. I'm pretty good with C, but no
8086. But anyone here said Linux was all written in C... :-)

Anyways, comming to the point, can anyone tell me some good books to
start with? I'm a complete newbie as far as kernels are related. And I
have also learnt that programming for kernel 2.6 is quite alot
different than what it is for 2.4 & if i wanna start now, i should
start headon wid 2.6. Is that correct?

Pls help as i'm completely lost..... Wid books/URL's & wid this 2.4/2.6
doubt.

BTW, i'm myself running FC2T3 on kernel 2.6.5 & i'm loving it... So
why not programme for it !!!

Mayank Jain