Hey..
> I want to start seriously with Linux internals. I'm
> thinking of a
> project based on thin clients as my final yr
> project, which would
> surely require these kinda skills. I'm pretty good
> with C, but no
> 8086.

Cool Idea. I suggest you go through the majority of
the system calls used in the kernel, to get an idea of
what its all about. As for the 8086 code-writing, it
*may be necessary to use it, but in most cases its
not. (I'm trying to find a couple of tutorials on
ASM/C++ myself..)

Some books you could check out are:
*Unix - Unix System Programming Using C++ by Terrence
Chan
*Advanced Programming in the UNIX Environment by W.
Richard Stevens
*Microprocessors : 8086 and the Pentium series by
Barry Brey

As for programming for FC2 as yet, its dangerous as
wel l as tough :) Dangerous because FC2 is still under
development,and their cvs's are probably updated every
3 hours, so in case of any bugs you fall into a spot.

I suggest you start out with a couple of 'Learner' OSs
like MINIX or XINU. Apart from being well documented,
they're small in terms of code base, and thus can be
better understood. (Smal when compared to the mammoth
2.6 kernel anyway :)

HTH,
vik

=====
--
Viksit Gaur
http://www.viksit.com

me[at]viksit.com
viksit[at]linux-delhi[dot]org

'Not all who wander are lost.'
                  - J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring