--- Vaibhav Sharma <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hello Everybody.

Well I would like to ask a small question. Earlier I was using Turbo C on
MS-DOS to implement various fundamental graphics algorithms. I used
graphics.h library. Now I want to implement the same thing on Linux.

My question is how do we go about it. Which libraries to use? Can anyone
recommend me any good books or websites to begin with? Is there any library
in Linux which supports functions like putpixel() etc?

Mr. Vaibhav,

      Implementing DOS-based C-graphics is not possible under Linux. Instead we have a
toolkit for GUI programming called the GTK+. As far as functions like line(),
circle(), putpixel() and setcolor() etc. are concerned, I don't have much idea, but
for GUI programming in Linux, U need GTK+ library. you can type "gtk -config" at the
shell prompt to find if you have it installed. If it is, you can use include line:
       # include <gtk/gtk.h>
But this more like programming in VC++ than Turbo C++, as it creates X-based windows.
As far as reading material is concerned, I'll bring it for you in our next RHCE meet.

Vikramjit Singh Rooprai  (9810804171)
http://www.vickyrai.8m.com