On Fri, 2004-06-11 at 19:52, Bhaskar Dutta wrote:
> Hi arundeep,
>
> Check these 2 pics. These are the type of bluetooth USB dongles you get in the
> market these days; i am looking for something similar.
>
> http://www.nurtec.de/pics/original/865y356.jpg
> http://images-eu.amazon.com/images/P/B00006B0JX.03.LZZZZZZZ.jpg
> Can you tell me the brand, chipset and cost of the dongle you bought?

there was an article in pcquest which had info on using a bluetooth
dongle with gnome 2.4 and kernel 2.6. it was

CSR (Cambridge Silicon Radio) chipset based USB Bluetooth dongle and
configured it under PCQLinux 2004

yu can check the same at
http://www.pcquest.com/content/search/showarticle.asp?artid=56058

i've not used it myself, nor do i have any intentions at all to install
pcqlinux 2004, but if it works with pcqlinux then it should work with
any distribution with kernel 2.6 as it has built in bluetooth (and afaik
SigmaTel IrDA too) support. and if yu use gnome as well, then sone pe
suhaga

http://usefulinc.com/software/gnome-bluetooth
http://usefulinc.com/software/phonemgr/#shots

so, yu can use nautilus to transfer files :-) please do let me know if
anything works out for yu. i was not successful using SigmaTel USB-IrDA
dongle with kernel 2.4 inspite of adding stir4200.o module and enabling
IrDA. i used obex to transfer files, and when i tried to send files from
my nokia 6600 it did show the filename on the system but nothing
happened :-(

so, please please please let me know if yu are able to successfully use
the phone (6600), atleast to transfer files

--
                                        \|||/
                                        (o o)