V shekhar wrote:
<snip>

Is there Redhat RPM package available for viralator??

The answer to that mystery, my friend, lies in the following limeraiku[1]:

An ode to AMS:

And the fair maiden[2] saw his grave and wept,
And the fair maiden cried, "Why, oh, why, AMS, did you have to go away so soon, after we had just met?"
And the wise old man[3], smiled knowingly and pointed to his epitaph, which read:
"Here lies the man who could answer all your questions, but instead said:"
"Have you asked Google yet?"

[1] This is quite close to a limerick, in that it follows the aabba rhyming scheme. It is close to a haiku in the wisdom it offers. Hence the term.

[2] This makes certain assumptions about AMS's, er, orientation, which might not be altogether correct.

[3] I had Raju in a flowing robe in mind. Specifically black, with a light gray belt. His trusty Motorola A760 in his right hand and a staff in his left. He points using his staff.

The point, Shekhar, is that I butted in when you are asking for opinions/experiences, but now you are simply asking for a fact. And, that, you *can get from Google.*

<snip>

-> You haven't specified your setup parameters, so one can't recommend what solution you should use.

[SNIP] The setup will be around 80 PC.30-40 concurrent users. 1 Mbps internet conn one AV-gateway which will sit behind firewall. machine for AV Gw will be a P4 2.7GHz more than 512 MB ram and IDE based HDD I hope it will work as it will be dedicated for this.

My educated guess would be yes, it would work. But, then, remember that I don't loose my job if it doesn't work. :)

If you are interested in a thorough test before going live, you could perhaps set one up using a load tester like HTTPUnit or Apache JMeter to simulate multiple simultaneous client sessions.

Varun Varma