I intend to purchase an AMD box with AMD Athlon XP 2500+ CPU. The machine is intended
to be used as a Linux enthusiast for typical SOHO user. It is not intended for Gaming,
Video Editing and other such demanding apps.

I prefer the following features on the Motherboard:

- 512MB DDR-RAM for 333 MHz FSB support
- Integrated on board audio, graphics and LAN
- USB 2.0 (Dropping Firewire support on MB for cheaper Firewire add-on cards)
- IDE, SATA (future use??) and IR connectors on Motherboard
- Support Boot from USB storage device

I have narrowed down to the following choice:

MSI KM4AM (KM400A): Model name KM4AM-L

- VIA KM400A chipset
- Integrated S3 Graphics Unichrome 2d/3d
- VIA Ethernet
- Realtek Audio

More Details at:
http://www.msi.com.tw/program/products/mainboard/mbd/pro_mbd_detail.php?UID=558

I understand this board is available at Nehru Place for Rs 3500/-

I have not been able to squarely determine the Hardware Compatibility with Linux. Can
some one help me for Hardware compatibility with this motherboard?? Any other board
may also be suggested for use with AMD Athlon XP 2500+ Processor as this the first to
support 333MHz FSB. CPUs 2500+ to 2800+ support 333MHz FSB. CPUs above that support
400MHz FSB and also cross my budget.

Anand Shankar