Hi everyone,

I'm having problems using the handycam on Mandrake 10.0. With other USB
storage devices, eg. when using a USB memory stick, an HDD icon pops up as
soon as I plug it in my USB slot. But nothing happens with the camcorder.

This is what `dmesg | grep usb` says -

drivers/usb/core/usb.c: registered new driver usbfs
drivers/usb/core/usb.c: registered new driver hub
drivers/usb/host/uhci-hcd.c: USB Universal Host Controller Interface driver
v2.1
usb 1-1: new full speed USB device using address 2
drivers/usb/core/usb.c: registered new driver hiddev
drivers/usb/core/usb.c: registered new driver hid
drivers/usb/input/hid-core.c: v2.0:USB HID core driver
usb 1-1.4: new full speed USB device using address 3
usb 1-1.4: device not accepting address 3, error -110
usb 1-1.4: new full speed USB device using address 4
usb 1-1.4: device not accepting address 4, error -110
usb 1-1.4: new full speed USB device using address 5
usb 1-1.4: device not accepting address 5, error -110
usb 1-1.4: new full speed USB device using address 6
usb 1-1.4: device not accepting address 6, error -110

Please advise..
Also once I get the above stuff to work, which linux software can I use to
capture the video stream?

- AJ